Thinking of starting a blog?
Maybe you have a blog already, but aren’t sure how to make money from it?
If you are just starting your blog, it will take some time to grow your audience. And the money you can make from your blog depends on the size of your audience, or the amount of traffic coming to your blog (the number of people who land on your blog and read it). So as your blog traffic grows, you can also expect your income to grow. So it’s good to be patient when starting out.
That being said…
Here are some ways you can monetize your blog:
- Cost Per Click (CPC) ads (like Google Ads) on your website
- You can also sell spots on your website for private ads
- Sell memberships for access to more “exclusive” related content
- Sell your own products (physical or digital products)
- Sell other people’s products:
- Sell tickets to online workshops or events (yours or someone else’s in the same industry, again for a % of commission from sales) for access to more “exclusive” related content
- Create lead magnets (free digital offers) through a pop-up and opt-ins throughout your site so you can capture your readers’ e-mail addresses and send them “exclusive offers” (coupons, more content, products/services for sale- through your affiliate links- that might interest them)
- If your blog is “trendy” and branded well, or part of a bigger brand, you can sell branded merchandise
- Selling content creation as a service (guest blogging)- some people/small businesses will pay for blog content for their own websites or blogs when they don’t have the time (or interest) to do it themselves. You can find these gigs on many sites, including sites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer, and use your own blog as examples of your work
- Start a vlog to go along with your blog (on YouTube). Drive the traffic from your blog to your vlog (for more details, exclusive content, some additional incentive that will get them to check out your content on YouTube), and monetize your YouTube site
For those of you who have a blog, are there any other monetization strategies that you use or tips you would recommend for new bloggers?
Building a successful business from the ground up is a marathon, not a sprint.
If you are paving your own way, it can take some time to start reaching your financial goals.
It’s so important to keep this in mind so you don’t get discouraged (I need to keep this in mind too!)
It’s way too easy to get discouraged that you’re not making six figures yet when you see people online reach seemingly overnight success in their businesses.
Don’t believe the hype…you’re seeing online what people *choose* to show you.
More often than not, there are months and even years of “failure” and disappointment behind every success story…even the ones that seemed to happen overnight.
Even some of the most successful businesses in the world took years before they actually became successful.
One of my favourite business success stories is Amazon…it took 4 years of operation before they even made any profit at all.
In fact, they actually *lost* money for their first few years.
Imagine how many people told Jeff Bezos that he would fail…that he should just drop his idea because it wasn’t going to amount to anything.
Imagine how many naysayers he had to deal with in those 4 years, and how resilient a person must be to just ignore all of those voices (including ones in his head I’m sure!) and push on to success.
I just wanted to send some positivity out to anyone who is having doubts about whether or not they can have a business that will ever be successful.
Be patient…your time is coming. Ignore any naysayers. Do your best. Ask for help when you need it. Take a break when you need it. Set small goals and crush them. Set bigger goals and crush them too.
Keep pushing on to success.
Join me and other amazing moms in business in my free Facebook group called $ell At Home Moms
I'm a mom, wife, MBA student, and student of life...serial entrepreneur, dreamer, and goal-setter. My mission is to empower moms to start their own businesses from home.