Affiliate marketing is a great work-from-home option for busy moms, with no- or very minimal- up-front investment.
Some great pros for this business model are:
- There is no steep learning curve- Once you know the key strategies, you can just replicate the same process for multiple different offers…so you can grow your business with minimal effort.
- You don’t have to talk to or pitch other people, record yourself, or do Live video if you don’t want to.
- Most subscription offers you promote have recurring payments, meaning that you will continue to get paid your commission for as long as the customer keeps their subscription, without any additional effort on your part
- Many, many affiliate programs also offer lifetime payments; meaning that you will always make money from every additional product or service that the customer buys from that company going forward.
If you’re interested in learning more about affiliate marketing, there is an amazing FREE course on affiliate marketing that teaches strategies and processes that can be applied to *ANY* affiliate marketing product you choose to sell.
You can learn more about this FREE training here: http://bit.ly/AffiliateBootcampX
Here are some websites where you can find popular products to sell through your affiliate marketing business…
Have you thought about starting an affiliate marketing business?
If you already have an affiliate marketing business…what are some of your favourite products to promote?
There is a great organic strategy, that has become increasingly popular recently, and that will likely continue to grow in popularity in 2020 and beyond. This strategy has so many different possibilities of ways to implement it; that strategy is leveraging collaborations.
When you’re looking to use organic marketing strategies, it’s critical that you and your brand “get visible”. The more eyes on you and your offers is of course what is going to increase your chances of making sales.
When you leverage collaborations, you’re basically doubling or compounding the views on your content or your offer…you’re presenting it not only to your audience, but also to your collaborator’s audience.
So you’re essentially “cross-polinating” each others’ audiences.
This works well not just with spreading your content and growing your brand awareness, but also to grow your Facebook/IG and other social media too.
Some ideas for collaboration:
Another great strategy is to find other businesses that offer products or services that complement your own products or services, and create a referral arrangement with them.
For example, if you own a cleaning business, you can contact some local real estate agents, or moving companies to see if you can work out a referral system for each other.
These are just *some* collaboration strategies, but there are so many more. You just need to think outside the box a little bit.
Just grab a pen and paper, and write down all the types of businesses you can think of that might be a great complement to what *you* are selling.
Then search Facebook for some local business owners who own those types of businesses, and reach out!
This week, in my free Facebook group $ell At Home Moms, I’ll be talking all about different organic strategies you can use in your business to attract more customers and clients for free.
You don't want to miss these tips, so join the group here.
Thinking of starting a blog?
Maybe you have a blog already, but aren’t sure how to make money from it?
If you are just starting your blog, it will take some time to grow your audience. And the money you can make from your blog depends on the size of your audience, or the amount of traffic coming to your blog (the number of people who land on your blog and read it). So as your blog traffic grows, you can also expect your income to grow. So it’s good to be patient when starting out.
That being said…
Here are some ways you can monetize your blog:
- Cost Per Click (CPC) ads (like Google Ads) on your website
- You can also sell spots on your website for private ads
- Sell memberships for access to more “exclusive” related content
- Sell your own products (physical or digital products)
- Sell other people’s products:
- Sell tickets to online workshops or events (yours or someone else’s in the same industry, again for a % of commission from sales) for access to more “exclusive” related content
- Create lead magnets (free digital offers) through a pop-up and opt-ins throughout your site so you can capture your readers’ e-mail addresses and send them “exclusive offers” (coupons, more content, products/services for sale- through your affiliate links- that might interest them)
- If your blog is “trendy” and branded well, or part of a bigger brand, you can sell branded merchandise
- Selling content creation as a service (guest blogging)- some people/small businesses will pay for blog content for their own websites or blogs when they don’t have the time (or interest) to do it themselves. You can find these gigs on many sites, including sites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer, and use your own blog as examples of your work
- Start a vlog to go along with your blog (on YouTube). Drive the traffic from your blog to your vlog (for more details, exclusive content, some additional incentive that will get them to check out your content on YouTube), and monetize your YouTube site
For those of you who have a blog, are there any other monetization strategies that you use or tips you would recommend for new bloggers?
Building a successful business from the ground up is a marathon, not a sprint.
If you are paving your own way, it can take some time to start reaching your financial goals.
It’s so important to keep this in mind so you don’t get discouraged (I need to keep this in mind too!)
It’s way too easy to get discouraged that you’re not making six figures yet when you see people online reach seemingly overnight success in their businesses.
Don’t believe the hype…you’re seeing online what people *choose* to show you.
More often than not, there are months and even years of “failure” and disappointment behind every success story…even the ones that seemed to happen overnight.
Even some of the most successful businesses in the world took years before they actually became successful.
One of my favourite business success stories is Amazon…it took 4 years of operation before they even made any profit at all.
In fact, they actually *lost* money for their first few years.
Imagine how many people told Jeff Bezos that he would fail…that he should just drop his idea because it wasn’t going to amount to anything.
Imagine how many naysayers he had to deal with in those 4 years, and how resilient a person must be to just ignore all of those voices (including ones in his head I’m sure!) and push on to success.
I just wanted to send some positivity out to anyone who is having doubts about whether or not they can have a business that will ever be successful.
Be patient…your time is coming. Ignore any naysayers. Do your best. Ask for help when you need it. Take a break when you need it. Set small goals and crush them. Set bigger goals and crush them too.
Keep pushing on to success.
Join me and other amazing moms in business in my free Facebook group called $ell At Home Moms
I thought I would make a blog post to help moms brainstorm business ideas, and ways that they can make money from home. I've been seeing a lot of business groups that I'm in, and also some of the responses to the questions that I asked when people asked to join this group. “What can I do to make money from home?”, or “What business could I start, I want to start my own business from home, but I have no idea what I could do, or how I can make some money from home.”
So, here are some simple steps that you can follow to figure out what business you could start.
1. The first step is basically just a complete brain dump. I suggest just taking good old pen and paper and writing out all your interests, passions, hobbies, skills, talents, just anything that you can think of, just jot that down on paper. And, so that you can have a good number of options to choose from.
2. Next step, you should consider your lifestyle factors. What I mean by that is, let's say one of your hobbies is refinishing furniture…but your brand new mom, and you have a very young baby at home. So, that may not be the best business option for you at that time of your life, to start up something that's so hands on. You can start eliminating some of those options on your list, just based on your lifestyle factors, what would and would not work for you, right now, at this time in your life for whatever reason. That's one way you can start a strategic process of elimination.
3. Another thing to consider is what industry you're going to start your business in. The three core markets just generally in business are health, wealth, and relationships. Those are the three markets that generally generate the most revenue and that are the most profitable. It's just basically because those three industries cover most of our actual needs and wants. And they are generally areas that people are very passionate about, and therefore willing to spend money on.
Have a look through your list and see which ones fit into one of those three categories…those would be the ones that you should try and focus on next, anything that falls into those three categories. What you can do after that is sort of try and niche down even further. So, within each market, there's also a sub-market, or many sub-markets, so you can niche down even further…to serve a specific group within a specific sub-market.
For example, if you want to start a business in health, then you can start a business as a health coach or as a yoga practitioner…those could be some sub-markets to consider. Have a look through your list and see which options might fit into one of those three categories and you can also consider what submarket you would want to start your business in, and how you could niche down as far as possible. So, let's say you wanted to start a yoga practice you wanted to become a yoga practitioner. Then do you want to be a yoga practitioner just for moms, or just for kids, or something like that? Basically, that's what you should look at next.
4. Another thing to look at is how you're going to deliver your business…like how are you going to actually make the income? What business delivery are you going to choose? One thing you should do, or try to do as much as possible, is to focus on recurring or passive income strategies. For example, there's a lot of talk lately about membership sites, subscription programs, courses, and other digital products. And the reason for that is because they're very lucrative, so they're a great option to create a business around. They’re fairly simple to put together, they don't require a whole lot of effort or cost on your end. So these options are definitely worth thinking about, to see how you could deliver your business services in one of those ways.
5. Another thing to look at would be start-up costs for your potential business. Along with start-up costs, you would also look at profit potential for whatever that industry and your and your niche is, and also what the level of difficulty would be for you to start that particular business. Those are the next things that you should really assess when trying to figure out what business you could start. So, once you have your list, these are all the things that you should focus on and try and analyze. Analyzing these will help you eliminate most of what's on your list until you can identify one or maybe two possible business options.
Like anything else in life, there are many ways to assess what business option would be the right one for you. But this is a method that is simple and incorporates the key things that you should look at when trying to figure out what business to start from home.
I go into more detail about starting a business from home, and making money from home, in my free Facebook group called Sell At Home Moms.
To learn more about how can moms make money from home, join Sell At Home Moms here. >> http://bit.ly/SellAtHomeMoms
If you have no idea how to recruit new prospects into your network marketing business; or if you’ve already recruited some prospects to your network marketing business, but you’ve been doing *the most* online and it’s taking sooo much of your time that you’re thinking there must be a better way than what you are doing now; then this blog post is for you.
If you’ve been wondering how to properly market your MLM business so that you can sell more products; this blog post is also for you.
Network marketing has been changing a lot over the last few years. There are now more network marketing companies than ever before.
Which means that there has never been fiercer competition among network marketing salespeople than there is now.
And every single one of them is on social media trying to sell their company’s products, or ‘network’ 1 on 1, hoping that at least one person will buy something or join their opportunity.
So, in a sea of salespeople, how on earth can YOU stand out?
Better yet, how can you cut to the chase, and eliminate all the wasted time from your day ‘networking’ with zero results.
It can be very discouraging…working so hard, but without the results to show for it.
And time is money…any time you’re putting in networking 1 on 1 is precious time taken away from something else. Not to mention that your business will grow sooo slowly if this is your main method of marketing.
So…what the heck do you do??
Here are 5 killer strategies for marketing your MLM in 2019…for working smart not hard, for claiming your time back, and for making yourself stand out in an ocean of competitors selling the same thing; so you can capture people’s attention and make selling and recruiting painless.
A network marketing business should be treated like any other business.
And just like any other (successful) business, you need to have a clear business plan with realistic and measurable objectives, as well as a solid marketing plan.
To prepare your plan, you should do your homework to learn critical details like who your competitors are, who your successful leaders are and what strategies they’re using to grow their business, who your target market is, where you can find them, and what the most popular products in your company are.
A clear plan with clear objectives will also help keep you moving forward, guide your business activities, and help you avoid overwhelm and distractions (which are super common for ALL new business owners!).
2. Brand Yourself
The most successful network marketers know the importance of branding themselves separately from the company they are selling products for.
People won’t necessarily know or trust Company X, but they can definitely get to know, like, and trust *you* if you can brand yourself well and provide value to them.
The more value you provide, the more people will trust you, because they won’t feel like you’re just trying to make a buck from them.
There are many reasons why branding yourself is so important, but another key reason is because as your own brand, your business isn’t completely dependent on your company.
If the company went under tomorrow (kinda like a certain clothing company did not so long ago), you would still have your brand, your reputation, your audience, your influence, your e-mail list, etc. All you would need to do is shift your focus to selling other related products, and business continues as usual...
I'll be posting a video later in the week on my YouTube channel and in my free Facebook group, Sell At Home Moms, to share the last 3 strategies and talk about how these strategies can be a game-changer for your network marketing business.
If you want first access to that video, and more helpful marketing content, just click here to join my free Facebook group>> Sell At Home Moms
I'll also be adding the YouTube link here once the video has been posted.
What do you think are some other game-changing marketing strategies for network marketers in 2019?
Need more leads and sales for your business?
Maybe you’ve heard of sales funnels already, and how amazing they are for generating leads and sales for any business…
But you have no idea how to use one in YOUR business.
I took a challenge earlier this year, called the One Funnel Away (OFA) Challenge. It’s basically a 30-day training from some of the best marketing coaches and entrepreneurs, on how to use ClickFunnels (the best sales funnel software on the market right now).
In this blog post, I’m going to give you my honest review of the OFA Challenge, and let you know what you need to do next if you want to get in on the next Challenge that starts June 17, 2019.
When I started the OFA Challenge, I was not new to ClickFunnels. I’ve been using ClickFunnels on and off for a couple of years already. But here’s what got me to take the challenge anyway:
- It’s 30 days of daily coaching from some top-level marketers and entrepreneurs; Russell Brunson, Julie Christine Stoian, and Stephen Larsen. They each host coaching programs of their own that cost so much more than the $100 the challenge costs. So, this was a great opportunity for some inexpensive coaching, while still learning from some of the best in marketing.
- You get an 8 page proven membership sales funnel, that has already been optimized for sales, but is fully customizable for your business; it also outlines exactly what text you need to add where, on each page of the funnel. (Even if you don’t want to sell a membership, you can just delete those pages and still use the funnel).
- Along with training on how to use ClickFunnels, they also provide training on many more fundamental business concepts, like how to figure out what you want to sell, offer creation, growing your audience, driving traffic to your funnel, and much more.
- Not only do you get 30 days of training and coaching, but you also get LIVE access to one of the coaches, Stephen Larsen, every single day, to answer your questions as you go through the challenge.
- You get a One Funnel Away Challenge Kit mailed to your home, that has some awesome goodies, like a Challenge workbook, an MP3 player with recordings of the entire first OFA Challenge training sessions (so you can access the content again any time), a hardcover copy of the 30 Days book, and other goodies.
- It also comes with some amazing bonuses, like unlimited access to video recordings of the full 30 Days interviews, and behind-the-scenes interviews with 2 Comma Club winners.
In case you don’t know what the 2 Comma Club is, it’s an award that ClickFunnels users win once they’ve made 1,000,000 or more through their sales funnel. So these are some very successful entrepreneurs, and these bonuses are FULL of value and actionable content.
And the 30 Days book is a compilation of the 30 day plans from some of those 2 Comma Club winners, winners from different industries and with different business models, on *exactly* what they would do to build a successful business again from scratch within the next 30 days, if they lost everything tomorrow.
Here's the list of everything you get when you join the One Funnel Away Challenge.
Honestly, to me it was a no-brainer.
Especially since there had already been a few previous OFA Challenges, and they all received RAVE reviews. You can see just a few of the testimonials below.
In my honest opinion, the OFA Challenge is really an incredible combination of marketing knowledge, strategy, and accountability, condensed into a 30 day training.
Here’s a sneak peek at what was covered each week of the OFA Challenge, starting with the Pre-Training Week:
If you’ve read this far, you’re obviously interested in the OFA Challenge and what it could potentially do for your business…or to help you START a business.
So, here’s what I can offer you to take the plunge and sign-up for the next OFA Challenge with my link:
If you sign-up for the next One Funnel Away Challenge through my link, you will ALSO get these awesome bonuses:
* Access to my Idea Incubator- A dynamic workbook and video guide to help you decide on a business idea. If you have no idea what you could launch during the OFA, this is a must for you. Value= $97
* Access to the $AHM Vault- A Mega-list of business software, apps, tools, books, trainings, and other resources you will need for your business (many of them FREE). Value= $97
* An E-mail Welcome Sequence pack for your industry- A series of 5 welcome e-mail templates, fully customizable for your business. Value= $47
* FREE access to my 6-week $AHM Mastermind OR my 6-week $AHM MLM Mastermind (coming soon). (This bonus can be claimed after the OFA, so you can focus on the OFA first, without distraction). Value= $3,182
* You will get my *personal* help, through a private Facebook group, to help you with everything you need to get through the OFA Challenge. I’ll provide you with *complete* ClickFunnels training, help you customize your OFA funnel and get it up and running. I’ll teach you how to do all the “tech” stuff, so you can get it live and making money. I’ll also be available for questions and help every day of the challenge. Value= $997
Total Value= $4,400+ in bonuses
Yours FREE when you sign up for the One Funnel Away Challenge with my link:
Just forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to these additional bonuses.
To your success!
Tips for using attraction marketing for online business success…
Especially effective for network marketing!
1- Grow your audience
2- Engage with your audience
3- Sell to your audience
Grow your audience:
Whether through your own friend list or group on Facebook, your own YouTube channel, another social media channel, or your e-mail list (the most important channel!)…
Growing your own engaged audience consisting of people in your target market is one of the best things you can do for your business.
It provides you with a warm audience of potential customers or clients…
A warm audience that can grow to know, like, and trust you as they continue to experience your content and your messaging.
Just growing an audience isn’t the end goal, however.
The most important thing you can do once you’ve started growing your audience is to…
Engage with your audience:
Provide value to your audience, whether that’s in the form of helpful tips, useful information, tutorials, humour, curated content, or even stories from your personal experiences that they can relate to.
Be authentic. Be vulnerable. Ask for advice and opinions.
You don’t have to be “perfect” or represent perfection…in fact, your flaws make you relatable, and will actually attract more people to you.
Building a relationship with your audience, an audience that WANTS to hear what you have to say, leads naturally into the next step.
Sell to your audience:
“Stop selling. Start helping.” – Zig Ziglar
Some people associate “selling” as “icky”.
As a result, some business owners are consistently shy to ask for the sale…which negatively affects their cash flow and their business.
And some consumers hate “ads” and hate being “sold” to…which could also negatively impact them, because they might unknowingly be overlooking an amazing product, service, or opportunity that could enrich their life in some way.
But “selling” doesn’t have to be a dirty word.
If done right, most consumers wouldn’t even realize they’re being “sold” to.
Because it should be a seamless transition from providing consistent value to an audience…to having them eager to learn more, or get more of your help with their problem.
Not pushy, not spammy, not “in your face” or “buy my product” sales (which are a huge turn-off, and the reasons for the stigma surrounding sales).
But a natural evolution to acquiring even more value from you, once that opportunity presents itself.
Are you using attraction marketing in your business? What strategies have you found most effective?
For more info on these strategies, I created a video discussing them in more detail.
You can watch this free training here >> https://youtu.be/wlQJMBypNCo
Like any business, it is key to identify exactly who you want to serve.
You can’t serve “everyone”. Your offer won’t appeal to everyone, and it won’t appeal to everyone in the same ways.
Niche down as much as possible.
Study your chosen market! Learn their likes, dislikes, beliefs, values, where they hang out online…
what are their pain points?
2. Separate Your Offers
Most network marketing companies have 2 or more offers (usually many more).
You can’t market everything at the same time, or in the same message.
To have a great message to market match, means creating different messaging for each different offer.
Focus your messaging on what is important to your specific target audience.
3. Leverage Groups
Once you’ve decided on your target market, find out where they spend their time online.
Groups are huge now, and a great way to stay connected to your target market.
Owning your own group > Joining an existing group
This is because, you control the messaging, and the vibe of the group.
In your group, you are the expert.
4. Model What Works
Who are those that are the most successful in your company? In your industry?
What value are they providing? What are their offers? Their messaging?
“Success leaves clues.”
Find those who are doing exactly what you want to do, and achieving huge success at it, and model (not
copy) what has worked for them to get there.
5. Offer Value First
Follow the 80/20 Rule for Social Media:
80% of your content should be -> informative, helpful, fun/funny, relatable, “humanizing”
20% -> promotional, advertising, launches, discounts
6. Create & Grow Your e-Mail List
Important for all businesses.
An e-Mail list is the only traffic you own online.
The best way to grow your list = attraction marketing.
7. Leverage Technology
Use tools such as:
An autoresponder to store, and communicate with, your e-mail list
Landing pages to offer your freebies
Canva to create graphics for your social media posts
Sales funnels to sell your offers
For more details on these strategies, I created a video discussing them in more detail.
You can watch this free training here >> https://youtu.be/wlQJMBypNCo
Any other tips you would add? What has been working well for you in your network marketing business?
Providing virtual services is an incredible way to start your own business and make money from home. There are so many entrepreneurs and independent business owners that need a variety of services in order to successfully run their businesses.
I love talking about virtual service business ideas, because I think most people could start a service-based business of some kind, no matter what skills they currently have.
If you have 1 or more skills that can be leveraged to deliver services to others online, then you can literally start marketing your services- and your business- online immediately.
Here are just a few examples of virtual services that you could start offering as soon as today.
All businesses could use some help with managing day-to-day operational or customer service-related tasks, like making/receiving sales calls, booking appointments, placing online orders, creating documents, transcribing meeting minutes and other files, etc. These are tasks that are critical to the smooth functioning of a business, but that business owners just don’t usually have time to keep up with on top of trying to grow their company.
A lot of online business these days is content-heavy…meaning that business owners have to continuously pump out content to their audience in many different ways. With so many social media sites, written content is needed *a lot*, but it’s so time consuming for business owners to transcribe all of their own media, so they hire transcriptionists or Virtual Assistants to do this type of work for them.
This is also a service that you could sell to other businesses that need to put out content on a consistent basis…this is called content marketing, and because it’s also pretty time consuming, many businesses will pay for someone else to write their blog posts for them.
There are a lot of fun ways you can leverage graphic design skills to make money. Just some examples… offering graphic design services, selling branded graphics, stock images, or packages to small business owners and entrepreneurs.
If you’re bilingual or multilingual (spoken and written) in another language besides English, you can offer translation services to small business owners that need them. You can easily find and target businesses on LinkedIn and Facebook that are located in areas where that language is commonly spoken, and reach out to them to offer your translation services.
This is a service that small many business owners need help with as well. If you already have good writing skills, you can probably learn copywriting skills fairly quickly, in order to offer copywriting services to small businesses for their marketing, social media, ads, promotional materials, their website(s), and so much more.
Teaching others a skill (through an online course or membership):
Teaching others a skill that you already have is a great way of providing services online in the simplest and most cost-effective way. There would be some work required up front, but once the course has been created and systems are in place for marketing and sales, this can be a great source of mostly passive income for a long time.
Social Media Management:
This is a skill that can be learned fairly quickly and offered to small businesses as a virtual service. Literally every business these days needs a social media presence and marketing strategy, so there is a ton of income potential with this skill.
This is another great and in-demand skill that can be learned fairly quickly and offered to small businesses as a virtual service.
All these online businesses being popping up in the last few years require a lot of technical know-how, that many people just don’t have. If you’re tech-savvy, you could start offering your tech skills to small business owners to help them with the more technical aspects of running a business!
You can start joining free Facebook business groups *today* and run a search to see who needs help with the skill(s) that you can offer, and engage with the people who have posted asking for help in your area(s) of expertise.
As a longer-term strategy, start also engaging with other members in these business groups that you join, so you can build your reputation as the go-to person for whatever skill(s) you’re offering, and you can start growing your client list and your reputation organically.
Ask for testimonials from your clients as well, and post them on your business page and your website when you create them, to boost your marketing efforts with social proof.
These are just some ideas and tips, but there is sooo much income potential with a service-based business!
What skill(s) could you leverage to start your own service-based business?
I'm a mom, wife, MBA student, and student of life...serial entrepreneur, dreamer, and goal-setter. My mission is to empower moms to start their own businesses from home.