Thinking of starting a blog?
Maybe you have a blog already, but aren’t sure how to make money from it?
If you are just starting your blog, it will take some time to grow your audience. And the money you can make from your blog depends on the size of your audience, or the amount of traffic coming to your blog (the number of people who land on your blog and read it). So as your blog traffic grows, you can also expect your income to grow. So it’s good to be patient when starting out.
That being said…
Here are some ways you can monetize your blog:
- Cost Per Click (CPC) ads (like Google Ads) on your website
- You can also sell spots on your website for private ads
- Sell memberships for access to more “exclusive” related content
- Sell your own products (physical or digital products)
- Sell other people’s products:
- Sell tickets to online workshops or events (yours or someone else’s in the same industry, again for a % of commission from sales) for access to more “exclusive” related content
- Create lead magnets (free digital offers) through a pop-up and opt-ins throughout your site so you can capture your readers’ e-mail addresses and send them “exclusive offers” (coupons, more content, products/services for sale- through your affiliate links- that might interest them)
- If your blog is “trendy” and branded well, or part of a bigger brand, you can sell branded merchandise
- Selling content creation as a service (guest blogging)- some people/small businesses will pay for blog content for their own websites or blogs when they don’t have the time (or interest) to do it themselves. You can find these gigs on many sites, including sites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer, and use your own blog as examples of your work
- Start a vlog to go along with your blog (on YouTube). Drive the traffic from your blog to your vlog (for more details, exclusive content, some additional incentive that will get them to check out your content on YouTube), and monetize your YouTube site
For those of you who have a blog, are there any other monetization strategies that you use or tips you would recommend for new bloggers?
I'm a mom, wife, MBA graduate with a focus on entrepreneurship & serial entrepreneur, dreamer, and goal-setter. My mission is to empower 1000 moms to start their own businesses from home.